Blog #10 Chocolate Cereal Bars:
Chocolate, yup it is the best! Chocolate cereal bars even better. My kids love this snack. If I made this everyday my kids would be in heaven. They ask me constantly to make these yummy treats. The problem is when I make them they honestly do not last more than 24 hours! I am not joking!
This article is short and SWEET just like my bars! This will be the quickest cereal bar EVER!
Chocolate Cereal BarsCourse: SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Perfect afterschool snack!
3 1/2 cups of rice krispies cereal
2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of peanut butter (easy way to measure – half of the peanut butter jar)
1/2 cup of maple syrup
- Take a large pan and boil some water. Once boiled turn the stove off.
- In a sauce pan add the semi sweet chocolate chips, coconut oil, peanut butter and maple syrup. Put the pan with the ingredients into the pan that has the boiling hot water to melt your ingredients. This method is best to use instead of melting the ingredients directly on the stove. That will burn your chocolate.
- Before transferring the ingredients cover a 9×13 baking dish with plastic wrap. In a mixing bowl add your rice krispies cereal and stir in the melted ingredients. Pour the mix into the baking dish and flatten with a spatula.
- Let the bars set for about 2 hours in the fridge.
- Tip: Take a pizza cutter to slice into bars. EASY