Blog #9 Grilled Chicken with Capers and Olives:
I LOVE capers and olives! Do you? They are delicious. I remember when I was pregnant with my first son I loved eating capers and olives. I would purchase the jar that has the caper and olive mix and snack on that. I do admit we eat a lot of chicken at home in terms of meat. That and fish. I alternate from chicken breast and chicken thighs. Every few weeks I’ll add ground chicken, turkey or wings. And every couple of months I enjoy chicken legs. It can get a bit tiring to eat chicken all the time which is why I have to spice things up a bit to get different flavors going or else! I will not enjoy my meal and neither will my family. This is definitely one of our go to meals we enjoy.
This recipe calls for Spanish Olives my favorite on everything, really. Although I enjoy black olives the best with vegetable pizza. I can get off topic quick since I love talking about food haha! I am sure you don’t feel like reading any more of this so lets get to it!
Grilled Chicken with Capers and OlivesCourse: LunchCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 lbs of chicken thighs, cut up into small pieces
1 tbsp Onion Powder
1 tbsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Pepper
1 tbsp ground Oregano
2 tbsp Olive Oil
2 tbsp Spanish Olives and 2 tbsp of the olive juice in jar
2 tbsp capers
1 bunch of Asparagus
- Season your chicken thighs with the onion powder, garlic powder, pepper and ground oregano.
- Heat your skillet with the olive oil and add the chicken. Sauté for about 7 minutes each side.
- While that is cooking boil some water in another pan and steam the asparagus for about 5-7 min.
- Once the chicken is fully cooked add the Spanish Olives and olive juice, along with the capers.
- Serve with a drizzle of Sriracha sauce!
Time to serve yourself! Add some asparagus onto a plate, add some chicken, capers and olives and top off with a nice drizzle of Sriracha sauce!