Blog #7: Grilled Vegetables with Bacon
My favorite vegetable meals have bacon in them! So I guess not really all vegetarian. There are a few different veggie meals that I add bacon to. Today I will share with you one that is super easy, inexpensive and quick! This is definitely a fall dish. It brings lots of beautiful colors to this dish; Greens, orange and red just like fall leaves changing color!
Celery is one of the vegetables. I am sure you have celery in your fridge. Celery is mainly used to make soup, to make chicken salad or to snack on with peanut butter or hummus. Most people don’t think to use it to grill with other vegetables. It is so delicious and best of all healthy! Celery is just like watermelon. It is mainly made up of water at just 10 calories per cup! To name a few celery funs facts, celery helps reduce inflammation, reduces high cholesterol, and lowers high blood pressure.
Let’s get started!
Grilled Vegetables with BaconCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
3 large pieces of celery sliced
1 cup of roasted squash
1 zucchini, cut horizontal and then sliced
3 pieces of cooked bacon cut up in bits
2 tbsp Olive Oil Dip
- Cook your bacon, remove from pan and reserve 2 tbsp of the bacon oil
- In the same bacon pan add the celery and saute for a few minutes until the celery browns a bit
- Then add the zucchini and sauté for a few minutes until it begins to soften
- Add the olive oil dip and add the squash until its heated through.
- Mix the bacon in and serve warm.