How to Make Olive Oil Dip
Don’t you love going to Italian restaurants and having the oil dip with some bread as an appetizer? OMG I love it! I will say some offer better oil dips than others. Mine is my favorite hands down! Making an olive oil dip is very simple. All you do is mix all the ingredients together and serve! I have tried many different ones and have made my own version. I personally do not like to add too much olive oil as I like to get right to the herbs in the oil. Too much oil makes you work to get your bread soaked in oil and herbs. You mainly get oil.
How to Serve
Sometimes for dinner my family and I will have sliced french loaf of bread with the oil dip, some sliced cheese, pepperoni and grapes. If I am feeling fancy I’ll add some jam. I love cheese and this goes so well with it. What I love about this oil dip is that any leftovers can be used as a marinade! You can marinate chicken and vegetables with it. See Grilled Vegetables with Bacon recipe.
- For the host at a holiday party;
- As a gift in a mason Jar with the recipe (see below) and a loaf of french or Italian bread;
- For dinner with a cheese platter and bread, along with a glass of wine;
- As an appetizer;
- Use it as a marinade!
How to Make Olive Oil DipCourse: AppetizerCuisine: ItalianDifficulty: Easy
easy appetizer to serve for a crowd!
1 1/2 cups of olive oil
1/2 lemon, freshly squeezed
1 tbsp of fresh grated parmesan cheese
1 piece of fresh garlic, grated
1 tbsp of dried oregano
1 tbsp of dried cilantro
1 tbsp of dried thyme
1/2 tbsp of dried rosemary
1/8 tsp of pepper
1/2 tbsp of garlic powder
1/4 tsp of red pepper flakes
- Mix all the ingredients and serve!
- I always have cilantro on hand and use it for everything. But you can substitute for basil, which is the traditional way of making olive oil dip.
- You can save leftovers in the fridge. Oil will harden in the fridge. When ready to use add more olive oil and mix.
Mix all the ingredients together and serve with crusty bread, Italian loaf slices or French loaf slices.