Kale Caesar Salad is so good and just about everyone enjoys this salad. It’s easy to make and adults and kids, alike enjoy it very much. I enjoy making kale caesar salad but wanted to try making it a bit different today. I wanted some cooked kale and some cooked greens for my salad. It’s February, cold, wet and snowy. Who wants a cold salad on a day like that. I came up with a warm brussel sprouts & kale caesar salad. All the vegetables were green and nothing was cold. Perfect! I served this salad with grilled chicken.
The whole salad consisted of green vegetables! It could have been a green smoothie! This salad includes:
- brussel sprouts
- romaine lettuce
- parmesan cheese
- caesar dressing, creamy or vinaigrette
I sautéed the kale and roasted the brussel sprouts. Then I mixed all the other ingredients in a bowl and served it! I was able to make 2 large salads and 2 smaller ones for my boys and served them each with grilled chicken. You can serve this salad as a side salad as well!
How Tasty IS it?
A green salad. You may think there isn’t much flavor since there is one color. But what makes this salad so tasty is the strong taste in the kale and brussel sprouts. Kale tastes much better when it is cooked as the bitterness and chewiness reduces immensely. Roasted vegetables are the way to go with the majority of them. It brings out flavors in such a natural way without adding many seasonings. Salt, pepper and some olive oil is all you need! Of course, it’s nice to switch up the flavors, as well. Roasted brussel sprouts taste a bit sweet and are crunchy. My favorite part of the brussel sprout! The outer layer, that is crunchy!
Warm Brussel Sprouts & Kale Caesar SaladCourse: AmericanCuisine: Lunch/Dinner, SideDifficulty: Easy
A nice winter salad that still screams caesar salad but in a cozy way for those snowy days!
1 lb of brussel sprouts, halved
2 1/2 cups of kale, roughly chopped
2 cups of romaine lettuce, chopped
1/2 a cucumber sliced
1/4 cup of shredded parmesan cheese
1 cup of caesar dressing, creamy or vinaigrette
- Turn oven on to HI BROIL. On a sheet pan add your brussel sprouts. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Give the brussel sprouts a nice toss to incorporate the oil. Roast in the oven for 10 minutes and set aside.
- Take a pan and turn burner on MED HIGH. Add about 2-3 tbsp of olive oil to the pan. Add kale and season with salt and pepper. Sauté for about 7-8 minutes or until wilted. Set aside
- Last step is to mix the lettuce, kale and brussel sprouts in a bowl. Add the parmesan cheese, cucumbers and season with pepper. Mix in creamy or vinaigrette caesar dressing* and serve!
- Either creamy or vinaigrette dressing working for this recipe. For less calories, I used the caesar vinaigrette dressing.
- This salad serves 2 1/2 plates. Perfect for 2 adults and 2 kids.
- You can also serve it as a side salad and get 4-5 small side salads.
- I served this with grilled chicken.