Wow! It has been a month since I last posted! Today my youngest is 1 month old! Which is why I have not posted. There has been many sleepless nights for sure! I have some upcoming blogs on the baby and things I have learned along the way. Stay tuned!
Anyway, I had been dying to make some sandwich sliders and finally made them! This was an easy meal to make and went straight into the oven. I did not want to use pork or ham and ended using what I had in my fridge. I’d say a bit healthier!
Turkey Cuban SlidersCourse: AppetizersCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
12 bun Hawaiian rolls
leftover chicken, shredded
American cheese slices
1 tsp of oregano
1 piece of garlic, smashed
the juice of 1 lemon or lime
1 tbsp of fresh cilantro
1 stick of unsalted butter
1 tsp of cumin
- Heat your oven to 350 degrees. In a saucepan heat up the butter, oregano, cumin, cilantro and lemon or lime.
- You want to split the mixture into 3 bowls. First mixture goes into the shredded chicken. Put aside.
- In a 9×13 oven dish add the 2nd mixture of melted butter mixture. Enough to spread at the bottom of the dish.
- Then slice all 12 rolls together, horizontal and put in the dish.
- On the bottom pieces of buns layer the turkey slices, shredded chicken, cheese slices and jalapeños.
- Then spread the mustard on the inner top rolls. Add the top half of the rolls and spread the last mixture on the rolls.
- Cover with foil for about 25 min and uncovered for 5 minutes or until toasted.
The slides have a tangy, sweet and spicy taste all at once. Delicious! Feel free to add as much or as little of all the ingredients. I just eye balled everything!
This is a great appetizer for those football nights!!