There are so many variety of ways to make salads. Add what you like and substitute what you don’t like for something else! Make salads with raw vegetables, roasted vegetables, add grains, nuts, fruits and cheese! Anything goes when it comes to salads. Here is a Roasted Cauliflower & Spinach Salad, that takes only 15 minutes to make!
You may have noticed, from my past blogs, how much I love grilling vegetables to add to salads. It brings out the flavors of the vegetables, when grilled! It’s nice doing a mixture of cooked and raw vegetables, for the different textures in my salads. Because it’s summer I have been grilling most of my foods. I have to say, it’s so nice not having the smell of food in the house! I use the grill so much, I have already used up the propane tank I purchased in May!
Grilled cauliflower & spinach salad is as easy as it sounds! For this salad, I used spinach as the base but kale is also a great substitute. To make this spinach salad, you only need 4 ingredients and the dressing, of course! For the dressing, I just used olive oil, lime juice, salt and pepper. Any vinaigrette will go great with this salad. These are also ingredients that are easily found year round, at any grocery store.
You Will Need:
- red onion
- feta cheese
- olive oil
What Needs Grilling?
I grilled the cauliflower and red onion for about 5-7 minutes. I tossed the cauliflower and flipped the onion halfway. If you don’t have a grill, use your oven! The oven is my friend, most of the year, since it’s cold just about 9 months out of the year. If you choose to use the oven, turn it on HI BROIL and cook for 15 minutes, flipping halfway. You get the same results. I served this salad with grilled chicken.
Roasted Cauliflower & Spinach SaladCourse: SaladsCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
5 oz of spinach
2 limes, juices
4 oz (small bag) of cauliflower
1 red onion, sliced
1/4 cup of feta
2 tbsp of olive oil + more for vegetables
- Add the cauliflower and layout the red onion slices on a sheet pan (safe for the grill). Season with salt and pepper and drizzle some oil. Make sure both sides of the onion and cauliflower are coated with some oil. (Less sticking to the pan).
- Turn on grill to MED HIGH – add the sheet pan of vegetables to the grill. Grill for about 5-7 minutes, flipping halfway. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, add the spinach, grilled cauliflower, red onion and feta cheese. Toss the salad mixture and add the lime juice and olive oil.
- Season salad with salt and pepper and toss one more time before serving.
- BROIL the vegetables if a grill is not an option.
- This salad serves 2 or could serve 4, if served as a side salad.