It’s funny how certain foods become part of a trend and people want to try that new diet or meal plan. Of course, I think it is a good idea. If you don’t try, you won’t know if it works for you. I am not on any special diet but love to eat colorful foods. Earth’s food are super delicious without all the processed stuff. Best of all there are so many different meals to make with all the vegetables in the world! The new trend for 2021 is the Mediterranean diet. It has been proven it works. Eat healthy fats, lots of fruits and vegetables, whole grains, more seafood and less red meats. I guess I have been following this diet all along! Here is a healthy vegetable medley salad served with salmon patties. This is definitely a Mediterranean inspired dish!
Vegetable Medley Salad
What is a vegetable medley? It is a mix of cooked and raw vegetables. When we think of vegetable medley, we usually think of carrots, cauliflower and broccoli mix that you find in the frozen aisle. This vegetable medley salad is different from the traditional vegetables you would normally find. I named this salad Vegetable Medley because there are tons of vegetables, cooked and raw.
Here I cooked the kale and roasted the chickpeas. I added some red cabbage, radishes, romaine lettuce, tomatoes and cucumbers. You can really use your favorite vinaigrette dressing to serve this salad. I used balsamic vinaigrette and olive oil with salt and pepper, to taste.
The salad could be served on its own without the salmon because the chickpeas already have the protein to fill you up. However, when I was food shopping, I saw some lemon herb salmon burgers and really wanted to try them. The spicy jalapeño salmon burgers are really good as well. They are huge! I purchased 2 patties and split each patty into 3 mini patties. They are already seasoned. All you have to do is cook them 5 minutes per side or until brown.
You can also serve this salad with chicken, salmon fillet or as is! It is very filling!
Healthy Vegetable Medley Salad Served with Salmon PattiesCourse: Lunch/DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A Mediterranean inspired salad!
1 small head of romaine lettuce, chopped
1 1/2 cups of red cabbage, thinly shredded
1 plum tomato, diced
15 oz can of chickpeas, drained and rinsed
3 cups of kale, chopped
3 radishes, thinly sliced
8 slices of cucumber
- SALMON PATTIES
2 – 1/2 lb (any flavor) salmon patties, formed into 3 smaller patties, each (total of 6)
- Turn oven to HI BROIL. On a sheet pan spread the chick peas. Season with salt and pepper and drizzle with olive oil. Toss it to make sure the olive oil is incorporated onto the chickpeas. BROIL for 7 minutes and set aside.
- While the chickpeas are in the oven, sauté the kale on MED HI (on stove). Add about 2 tbsps of olive oil and then add the kale. Season with salt and pepper. It will start to wilt in about 5-7 minutes. Set aside.
- Using the same pan, add about 3 tbsps of olive oil and add the 6 patties. Cook on MED HI for about 5 minutes per side or until brown. Set aside.
- Next, start putting together the salad. Split salad ingredients in half to serve on 2 plates and the salmon patties. Squeeze some lemon on the patties.
- Lastly, add the dressing to your salad and serve! I use about 1/4 cup and 2 tbsp of balsamic to dress both salads.
- Instead of the salmon patties, you can serve with salmon fillet, chicken or as is!
Raspberries are so fresh and last about 5 days sometimes longer in your fridge. Many people don’t know what to make with raspberries. Make a 3 ingredient raspberry sauce topping! Another tasty treat, is to stuff each raspberry with a chocolate chip! Sweet but with a fresh taste to it. We’ve been eating lots of […]
Did you know eggplants get their name because when young they actually look like eggs? Fun fact for ya. The majority of people, I’d say love pizza. I can name 2 people that don’t like pizza. That is it! Pizza is so comforting, also filling, cozy and delicious. It is an easy meal for those weeknights that you don’t want to cook and easy meal that the kids will enjoy. On top of all that, you can make pizza so many different ways, from the crust, toppings, cheese and sauce! Eggplant pizza tastes just as good and is a lighter bite than a traditional pizza.
ing out of things to do with your toddler. Or so you think! Just like you keep your older children busy, with summer camps and fun activities with family and friends, there is also lots to do with your toddler. Keep a routine, no matter what time of the year. A summer toddler schedule is probably a lot more fun than the rest of the seasons!