There are many nights, when I don’t feel like cooking or my husband grabbed something to eat. Meaning I can make something small for me and the kids. The kids prefer bread meals since they are kids! Lucky me, because bread meals are pretty easy. Especially on weeknights when the kids are at after school activities. It’s a lot of running around and so I always have naan at home just for these meals! Here are 7 Kid Friendly Naan Pizza Ideas to Try.
If you read my blogs, you know I love leftovers! Leftover, chicken, beef and vegetables never go to waste! I always have a little of something leftover. What I mean when I save leftovers, is like a piece or two of chicken that you can’t actually feed your whole family with or a 1/4 cup of vegetables. It is however, enough to mix with other things like a stir fry or for this occasion, a pizza. I love using leftover chicken to use for a meal like this! Most of this stuff you will probably have on hand.Jump to Recipe
To make things easy, I added a recipe card for the BBQ Naan pizzas. However, the same steps follow for the rest of the pizza ideas. I decided to add the BBQ naan recipe card as mixing the BBQ sauce with the chicken prior to baking it incorporates the sauce a lot better than just drizzling over the pizza. Do both.
Naan Pizza Ideas
Naan is very versatile. You can make pizzas, sandwiches and even as a side for dipping in soup! Here are some of my favorite combinations to make!
- Sautéed mushrooms with cherry tomatoes, cilantro and drizzle of balsamic glaze. For this pizza, I don’t add any pasta sauce.
- Taco style! Use leftover taco meat and your favorite cheeses. Once pizza is done, crunch some tortilla chips on top and serve!
- BBQ style (recipe below). Use your favorite BBQ sauce and add sliced jalapeños for extra flavor!
- Lemon chicken pizza. This one is probably one of the lightest, in terms of carbs. I love cooking foods with lemons and limes, and adding parmesan is divine! Once naan is toasted to your liking, add some spinach, parmesan cheese and squeeze some lemon! Add some chicken, if desired.
- Pesto is one of my favorites. I like to add cherry tomatoes and feta cheese with a sprinkle of dried oregano.
- Vegetable pizza is my absolute favorite pizza. It’s even more delicious when my vegetables are cooked in my favorite Asian marinade. It gives the pizza a nice sweetness.
- Then we have plan ol cheese pizza. Sometimes the kids want pasta sauce, just cheese pizza or some pepperoni for toppings. Add some Italian dried herbs or dried oregano for extra flavor.
Serve as is or add some fruit for dessert. Very few times do I add fries to this meal because these pizzas are so filling there is no need for an extra side. Save the extra carb and have a healthy dessert!
Use Your Leftovers
Whatever you have for leftovers, add them to your naan pizza. It is so much fun trying out different combinations of food, using whatever you have on hand!
- What to Make and Do With Leftovers
- What to Do and Make with Leftovers Part II
- Eggplant Pizza
- Pizza Muffins for School Lunch
- Nut Free School Lunch Ideas
Homemade BBQ PizzaCourse: Lunch/DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 1/2 cup of BBQ sauce
2 cups of shredded Mozzarella cheese
2 pieces or a large piece of leftover chicken, cut up into small diced up pieces
1/2 Sliced onions and jalapeños (optional)
handful of chopped cilantro
- Brush some olive oil on my naan and put it in the oven on broil for about a minute. If your oven is fully heated of course. If your oven is cold then about 5 minutes so the oven has time to warm up. I then flip my naan and broil another minute and remove from the oven.
- Generously add some shredded cheese. Next step mix your chicken with some BBQ sauce. I then add some chicken to the naan pizza and add the sliced onions and jalapeños.
- Stick it back in the oven for about a minute or 2 until the cheese is melted and begins to brown a little.
- Remove the naan pizza from the oven and drizzle some BBQ sauce and chopped cilantro.
What is your favorite pizza?