Something about bean salads is just so good. It’s nice when you don’t want meat on your salad. and still get the protein you need. I made this 3 ingredient kale bean salad and served it with eggplant pizza. Normally I make this bean salad with cabbage instead of kale but I somehow forgot to get the cabbage at the grocery store! I then decided to saute some kale and make it a kale bean salad!
You could really stock up on beans and prepare salads with beans in a pinch! I have tons of bean salad recipes I should share. They are super easy to make and budget friendly. Beans are also perfect when your in the mood for a salad but don’t normally buy or have salads at home.
What To Add To Bean Salads
There are tons of ingredients you could add. Add different textures and seasonings for a fun, unique salad!
- Add a combination of beans, such as kidney, chickpeas and black beans
- Fresh herbs
- Your favorite seasonings! Try salt and pepper, chili lime, tequila lime, Italian, lemon pepper, etc.
- Add different greens; cabbage, kale, romaine, radishes, broccoli, peppers, onions
- Top with shavings or sprinkles of cheese
3 Ingredient Kale Bean Salad
As I mentioned above, I normally make this salad with cabbage but forgot to buy the cabbage. This salad turned out equally just as great with kale as it would have with the cabbage. The only difference was, I sauteed the kale vs having raw cabbage. It was perfect since it has been cold here in MA. Therefore, I did not mind a warm salad.
All you need is kale, any white beans (canned is easier) and parmesan shavings! Pantry ingredients you will need, are salt and pepper, olive oil and white wine vinegar.
3 Ingredient Kale Bean SaladCourse: Appetizers, Lunch/DinnerCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Easy 3 ingredient salad to serve as an appetizer or main salad!
5 oz of kale, roughly chopped
15 oz white beans, such as cannellini, rinsed and drained
3 tbsp of olive oil + more for dressing
white wine vinegar
- Turn burner on MED HI. Take a large pan, add about 3 tbsp of olive oil into pan, once pan is hot. Add kale and season with salt and pepper.
- Saute kale for about 7 minutes until wilted. Remove from stove and toss kale with beans in a bowl. Season with some more salt and pepper, drizzle some olive oil and white wine vinegar. Toss and serve on 2 plates. Add some parmesan shavings and serve!
- Serve as an appetizer, side salad or as a main salad
- Instead of parmesan cheese, use romano cheese
- Why You Should Get The Haakaa Breast Pump
- 7 Kitchen Gadget Must Haves! (Everyone Should Have)
- 6 Easy Salads To Try At Home ( Not Boring!)
- 3 Arugula Salad Ideas To Try This Week
- Kate Spade Molly Tote Diaper Bag (ToteSavvy Insert)