Sometimes you want a snack that’ll fill you up and hold you over until your next meal. This recipe is perfect for on the go, after school snack or before/after a work out!
Super filling and the kids love them. They are gone so quick I have to make them all the time. A good thing about this recipe is that you can make a few batches and freeze them. I came up with this recipe thinking of firm bars but not so hard that my teeth will chip off. There are so many bars out there that taste good but you can barely take a bite as the bar is hard as a rock! They may be healthy but will send you to the dentist in no time. I made these “bars” into balls as you don’t need too many before getting full. Protein bars make you full quick and I find myself eating half and saving the other half for later. Another great thing about these protein granola bars is that you can make them as big or as small as you want them!
You will need:
- 1 cup of quick oats
- 1 cup of unsalted almond butter
- 8oz of pitted dates (a bag)
- 1/2 cup of almonds
- 10oz of mini semi sweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup of honey
- In a blender blend the dates and a 1/2 cup of almonds until the dates and almonds are chopped up small
- Then heat up the almond butter and honey in a sauce pan until mixed
- In a large bowl, mix together the oats with the almond butter and honey mixture and the dates and almond blend.
- Once everything is mixed add a cup of the semi sweet chocolate chips and start rolling into balls. Any size you’d like!
5. The mix will look a bit dry but that is ok. Squish the mix into balls and pop them in the freezer for about 10-15 minutes.
6. While the granola bars are in the freezer firming up melt the rest of the chocolate chips.
7. Remove the balls from the freezer and dip into the melted chocolate. Then stick them in the fridge until the chocolate hardens. Since the balls are already cold the chocolate firms up within a few minutes.
The recipe is easy and delicious! I know I say that about all of my recipes! But I would not post them if I did not love them!