Everyone knows I love cheese! My younger son and cousin are the only people I know who do not like mac and cheese. Crazy! What do you think of flourless mac and cheese? To me it makes the dish a bit healthier by omitting flour. Although it is a bit “healthier” I don’t make it too frequently. These days during covid-19 my life is pretty sedentary even with the kids at home. But the few steps I take around the house cooking and cleaning does not make up for the daily runs to the store or fun activities with the kids. Definitely not getting my 10,000 steps a day!
4th of July Meal
This 4th of July is going to be a quiet one. No fireworks and no events in town. Independence day should be celebrated regardless of fireworks. Food is a good way to celebrate and why not I’ve decided to make this easy mac and cheese recipe with lobster and corn 🌽 on the cob.
Lobsters are pretty easy to make. Stick them in a large pot and let them boil or steam until the tails curl.
Corn on the Cob
My favorite way to serve corn on the cob is by adding some butter, parmesan, squeeze of lime and some chopped cilantro.
Types of Mac and Cheese
I am not not here to tell you how to make mac and cheese. It all depends on the time you have and how many ingredients and cheeses you want in your dish. My favorite mac and cheese is from my favorite steak house, Abe and Louie’s. This is my husband and I favorite steak restaurant. It’s our favorite date night place to go to and it also happens to be where we got engaged! Their food is beyond amazing! We always get the lobster mac and cheese with our steak. In addition we always order brussel sprouts or another green vegetable. SOO amazing!
There are so many different ways to make macaroni and cheese. Anywhere from 5 minute instant boxed to oven baked mac and cheese. Then there is my mac and cheese for 2 that is also super easy to make. Yes, there are so many different variations and I love trying them all! This dish is simple, delicious and has no flour!
For this recipe you will need:
- Pasta shells or cavatappi, my favorite
- Gouda cheese
- Extra sharp or sharp cheddar
- Parmesan cheese
- Evaporated milk
- Unsalted butter
- Cayenne pepper
The wonderful part about this dish is you can use as many cheeses as you’d like! You can combine mild and sharp cheeses.
Serve it with…
- BBQ Chicken
- Mashed potatoes
- Brussel sprouts
- Or on its own!
Flourless Mac and CheeseCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
mac and cheese made with NO flour!
8 oz of your favorite pasta shell
4 oz of gouda cheese, shredded
2 oz of extra sharp or sharp cheddar cheese, shredded
2 oz of parmesan cheese, shredded
1 cup of evaporated milk
2 tbsp of unsalted butter
- Cook pasta, per box directions
- While pasta is cooking, shred your cheeses and set aside
- Drain pasta water and put noodles in a bowl
- Using the same pan, lower the heat and add butter. Let it melt while stirring. This will take 2o seconds or so. Then immediately add the evaporated milk and stir
- Slowly start adding the cheeses while stirring the whole time. Once cheese is melted, add more cheese and continue until all cheese is incorporated
- Sprinkle some cayenne pepper and pepper and pour in the pasta
- Incorporate paste with the cheese and serve!*
- To make it pretty, add a sprinkle of dried cilantro