Valentine’s Day is around the corner. There are so many different crafts and gift ideas out there. People spend so much on Valentine’s Day and that $7 card you gifted will probably be tossed in the trash soon enough. I personally keep cards, as I use them to make gift tags. Why not make something on a budget that is still beautiful and best of all handmade! Everything I used to make this craft, I already had at home. I decided to make a Valentine’s Flower Craft.
- A 12×12 piece of cardboard or scrapbook paper (something thick that is not flimsy);
- Red, bright pink and vanilla acrylic paints;
- Paint brushes;
- A button;
- Glue gun;
- 3 green pipe cleaners;
- Jute or other string to make a bow;
- One empty toilet paper roll
- I started off by painting the cardboard in vanilla paint. You can use white or off white as well for this. I wanted to keep it rustic. Therefore, I used just a little bit of paint and quick strokes to give it that rustic look.
- While that was drying I shaped the toilet roll into a heart.
- I then used a mixture of the red and bright pink paints. It was dry in about 5 minutes or so. I only needed one coat of paint.
- Next, cut out the heart shapes for a total of 10 hearts.
- I proceeded to paint the inside of the hearts after I cut them. I could have painted the inside before cutting but I did not want the paint to chip off on the inside, since the toilet roll was pressed together.
- I used the glue gun to make two flowers and two hearts. Once the flowers were in place I painted the inside of the hearts for a nice pop!
- Shape the pipe cleaners to your liking and glue. I also added two leaves on the stems of the two hearts.
- Lastly, I glued on the jute bow and a button. This honestly took me about 15 minutes since the acrylic paint dries quick on cardboard and the glue gun dries within seconds! I might buy a shadow box frame for it since I like it so much!
Happy Valentine’s Day!