Valentine’s Flower Craft (In Under 15 minutes)
Valentine’s Day is around the corner. There are so many different crafts and gift ideas out there. People spend so much on Valentine’s Day and that $7 card you gifted will probably be tossed in the trash soon enough. I personally keep cards, as I use them to make gift tags. Why not make something on a budget that is still beautiful and best of all handmade! Everything I used to make this craft, I already had at home. I decided to make a Valentine’s Flower Craft.
- A 12×12 piece of cardboard or scrapbook paper (something thick that is not flimsy);
- Red, bright pink and vanilla acrylic paints;
- Paint brushes;
- A button;
- Glue gun;
- 3 green pipe cleaners;
- Jute or other string to make a bow;
- One empty toilet paper roll
- I started off by painting the cardboard in vanilla paint. You can use white or off white as well for this. I wanted to keep it rustic. Therefore, I used just a little bit of paint and quick strokes to give it that rustic look.
- While that was drying I shaped the toilet roll into a heart.
- I then used a mixture of the red and bright pink paints. It was dry in about 5 minutes or so. I only needed one coat of paint.
- Next, cut out the heart shapes for a total of 10 hearts.
- I proceeded to paint the inside of the hearts after I cut them. I could have painted the inside before cutting but I did not want the paint to chip off on the inside, since the toilet roll was pressed together.
- I used the glue gun to make two flowers and two hearts. Once the flowers were in place I painted the inside of the hearts for a nice pop!
- Shape the pipe cleaners to your liking and glue. I also added two leaves on the stems of the two hearts.
- Lastly, I glued on the jute bow and a button. This honestly took me about 15 minutes since the acrylic paint dries quick on cardboard and the glue gun dries within seconds! I might buy a shadow box frame for it since I like it so much!
Happy Valentine’s Day!