Valentine’s Day Inspired Acai Bowl
Since Valentine’s Day is around the corner, I decided to make a Valentine’s Day Inspired Acai Bowl. What is acai? Acai is a palm fruit that has many antioxidants. What is an acai bowl? To make it short, an acai bowl is basically a fruit smoothie in a bowl, topped off with granola and fruit. Acai bowls are delicious and easy to make. The pre-made packets are sold at your local grocery store. In my area, I can find them at my local Target or Whole Foods. At 100 calories a packet from the Sambazon brand that’s not bad! You can also buy the packets with zero added sugar.
Valentine’s Inspired Acai Bowl
For my Valentine’s Inspired Acai Bowl, I topped my bowl off with strawberries, bananas and chocolate chips. If I had coconut flakes on hand, I would have added some as well! I didn’t go crazy with the chocolate chips since fruit is already sweet. Just a handful of chocolate chips is perfect for this bowl. Bananas are a must in smoothies, so why not on an acai bowl? And the granola, well, it gives the bowl some crunch.
You will need:
- Acai packet
- Almond milk
- chocolate chips
- unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
Instead of Chocolate Chips
If you don’t have chocolate chips on hand, add a teaspoon of peanut butter. My husband preferred this for his acai bowl. This goes great with my How to Make Peanut Butter and Chocolate Granola. For my bowl, I used French Vanilla granola. Of course you can use whatever granola you have on hand!
Valentine’s Day Inspired Acai BowlCourse: BreakfastCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
A healthy Valentine’s Day inspired breakfast packed with tons of antioxidants!
1 packet of acai
1/2 cup of unsweetened almond milk
1 banana, cut in half
5 strawberries, halved
1/2 cup of granola
1 tbsp of chocolate chips
unsweetened coconut flakes (optional)
- Thaw the acai packet in water for 5 minutes. By doing so, you make sure the acai is still not in chunks in the blender. We want a puree blend not a popsicle.
- While the acai is thawing, take half of the banana and slice it. Add the other half to your blender, along with 3 strawberries. Add the milk and finally the acai packet. Blend until smooth.
- Pour acai into a bowl, add the granola, sliced bananas, the rest of the strawberries and add the chocolate chips. Sprinkle coconut flakes, if desired, and serve.
- Add a teaspoon of peanut butter instead of chocolate chips!
Other Breakfast Ideas
Breakfast can get boring, having the same thing everyday. But breakfast is also the easier meals to plan for the day! Use leftovers to enhance your scrambled eggs. Use leftover chicken and vegetables. Then there’s avocado you can add to toast. Or skip the toast and just have eggs with avocado and fruit on the side. There are so many different combinations of meals to make for breakfast!
Here are some more ideas:
- 10 Breakfast Ideas You Need to Try
- Breakfast Grilled Egg and Cheese Sandwich
- Breakfast Sausage and Egg Tortilla
- What to Make and Do With Leftovers
- What to Do and Make with Leftovers Part II