Breakfast can get boring. Same ol’ eggs and toast, cereal or oatmeal. I love eggs, any style, with veggies and parmesan cheese for breakfast. When I go out for breakfast I aways get a veggie omelette with cheese. Yummy!
My family and I snack pretty often throughout the day. During these times , due to the coronavirus pandemic, its best not to make many trips to the grocery store. I am trying to use what I have and making sure nothing goes to waste. I am also making meals that sit a little heavier so we don’t get hungry for snacks, as often. So far so good!
Since breakfast is not my favorite meal of the day I always try to make different meals to make it more exciting. I always buy bacon for breakfast but I found country breakfast sausages at Whole Foods and decided to give it a try. Of all the times I’ve had it at restaurants its always had a funny taste to me. However, I wanted to try new breakfast ideas and so it didn’t hurt to try! I was not disappointed. These sausages were delicious, with a nice kick of heat, that was mild enough for the kids to enjoy!
Breakfast Sausage and Egg TortillaCourse: Breakfast, recipesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Breakfast tortilla on the go!
5 Country Breakfast Sausages
1/2 cup of shredded cheese
5 scrambled eggs
1 Green scallion, thinly sliced
5 flour tortillas
- In a frying pan, drizzle some oil or use cooking spray. I ran out of cooking spray, but I love this option best. Cut the sausage in half and cook until heated through. These sausages are fully cooked. You are just heating them up to give them a nice color. Then set aside.
- Next, scramble your eggs and season with salt and pepper to your liking. I also add a pinch of turmeric to my eggs, as it is good for inflammation. You can’t even taste it. Give it a try:) . Once your eggs are scrambled set aside.
- Butter your tortillas on both sides and heat them up in a pan on Medium Low, one by one. It should take about 30 seconds on each side once the pan is really hot.
- Time to assemble! Add a scoop of scrambled eggs on each tortilla, top with a sprinkle of cheese, sausage and a sprinkle of green onions. So yummy! This has been a favorite in my household, lately.
- *I made 5 tortillas and 5 eggs. I was satisfied with one, along with my kids. My husband had 2, which is why the serving size says 2-4.
Check out these other breakfast ideas on my blog: