Pineapple is such a delicious fruit! When I was pregnant with my youngest, I only had fruit cravings. With pineapple being one of them. I remember eating a whole pineapple as my meal! Funny how pregnancy makes you crave certain things. Now that summer is almost officially here, what better way to grill pineapple, in just 5 minutes, on a hot day!
Did You Know?
Fun fact! Did you know pineapple is great to eat when you have a sore throat? On top of that, it can help reduce the risk of cancer, arthritis and it is full of antioxidants!
What You Need:
All you need is a whole pineapple (skin removed and cored) and brown sugar. So the pineapple does not fall through the grates, cut it lengthwise; keeping thick chunks. Pineapple takes at least a week to become super sweet. Don’t worry if your pineapple is still not ripe. The brown sugar and cooking process brings out the sweetness. This a perfect treat to make out on the grill.
I found it helpful to use a pan on the grill for a few minutes to get the pineapple cooking without burning so quick. I then charred it right on the grates for another 2 minutes and done!
What To Serve With Grilled Pineapple?
Grill pineapple or any fruit and you can serve it on a salad, with steak, chicken or seafood. Have it as a sweet and serve with ice cream and whipped cream or eat as is! I love it with ice cream but this time I served it with grilled steak. Yum!
Grill Pineapple in Just 5 Minutes!Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 whole pineapple, skin removed and cored
1/4 cup of brown sugar
- Slice the pineapple lengthwise into thick pieces, about 8 thick slices
- Toss the brown sugar into the pineapple, until well incorporated
- Take a pan, that is safe for the grill, add the pineapple on MED HI. Grill for about 3 minutes tossing once or twice.
- Remove from the pan and put pineapple directly on grill grates. Grill for 2 minutes or until you get a nice char.
- serve with steak, chicken, seafood
- serve as a dessert with ice cream and whipped cream