Easy Mini Peach Pies (Kids Edition)
There have been so many rainy days this summer, that it feels more like spring. My poor flowers have all died from being over watered. One random day it’s over 90 degrees and the rest of the days, pouring rain. It is actually raining as I write this post! For the month of July I made mini blueberry pies, that I love so much! Now August is peach month and so I decided to make some easy mini peach pies (kids edition). I call it a kids edition because it is a fun little kitchen project to make with little ones. It is easy to make and you get enough servings for 6!
Peaches vs. Nectarines
I really take advantage of peaches and nectarines in the month of August. Why? Well, it is the season for them. Some really ripe and juice fruit! They are both the same, except one has fuzzy skin, while the other has a smooth skin. It all depends on which you prefer. I enjoy both equally. For this peach pie recipe, feel free to use peaches or nectarines.
There are tons of peach recipes from grilling them to baking them or just adding them raw to your salad. I love making Nectarine and Blue Cheese Arugula Salad/3 Ingredients over the summer. It is super easy to make, with just 3 ingredients! Grilling peaches with a little cinnamon is also delicious to serve as a dessert! There are so many different ways to incorporate this fruit into your recipes.
Try making mini pies with your favorite fruits; Such as blueberries, strawberries or even make a puree with fruit and make a mousse style mini pie! I love the topping on this pie but you can always omit it if you like just the fruits!
Mini Peach Pies (Kids Edition)Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
1 package of 6 mini graham cracker pie crusts
1 tbsp of flour
1 tbsp of brown sugar
2 tbsp of orange juice
1 1/2 nectarines or peaches, peeled and diced (about a cup and a half)
- Topping Ingredients
2 tbsp of quick oats
2 tbsp of flour
2 tbsp of brown sugar
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1 tbsp of coconut oil (refined)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In a small bowl, combine the flour, brown sugar, lime juice and peaches from the first ingredient list. Evenly distribute the peach mixture into the pie crusts. Set aside.
- In another bowl combine the topping ingredients – the quick oats, flour, brown sugar, cinnamon and oil
Evenly distribute the topping onto each pie.
- Bake for 25 minutes or until crust is brown. Let cool for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve with whipped cream, vanilla ice cream or as is!
- Use melted butter or coconut oil. Refined is suggested as unrefined has the coconut taste, which I prefer not to have in this dish.