Spring will be here before you know it. When I think of spring, carrots come to mind. Maybe because Easter is around the corner. For a while now I have been wanting to make healthy carrot cookies with just a few ingredients. After playing with the measurements and ingredients I came up with 5 ingredients in my carrot cookies. If you’ve ever had a larabar then this is what they taste like. Not your typical cookie with flour but still very delicious.
National carrot cake day was on Feb 3rd. I didn’t even know that was a thing until I saw a bunch of posts with delicious carrot cake recipes in honor of carrot cake day. That should have not been a surprise, as there’s always a day to celebrate something these days! I am a tad bit late with honoring carrots but my recipe is different since it’s a carrot cookie instead of cake. I have been a eating a little too much sweets lately and so I needed healthy ingredients that I wouldn’t feel guilty eating!
Carrot Cookies With ONLY 5 Ingredients
I love making sweets with just a few ingredients. Easy and quick to bake. For this recipe all you need is carrots, pitted dates, quick oats, unsweetened coconut flakes and walnuts. I was thinking of adding raisins but the dates are all already super sweet. The only reason I added the coconut flakes was for more texture. This wasn’t really necessary, I guess. I was able to make 11 cookies with this batch. It was very satisfying and I did not get the urge to have another since it was filling with just the right amount of sweetness!
Another option, I may try next time is blending the quick oats to make oat flour instead of leaving them whole. I didn’t mind this but I wonder if it would taste more like a cookie than a larabar. Next time, I will find out!
Healthy Carrot Cookies (5 Ingredients)Course: DessertCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Easy and healthy carrot cookies with just 5 ingredients baked and ready in 8 minutes!
3/4 cup of carrots, thinly shredded (about 2 large carrots)
8 oz of pitted dates
1 tbsp of water
1/4 cup of walnuts
1 tbsp of unsweetened coconut flakes
1/4 cup of quick oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Layer a piece of parchment on a sheet pan and set aside.
- Using a blender, add the pitted dates and water. Blend the pitted dates in a blender until chopped up very small. Add the walnut and blend for about 2 seconds. To chop up the walnut a bit smaller. Set aside.
- In a bowl add the quick oats, coconut flakes and carrots. Mix in the dates and walnut mixture.
- Form 11 small flat cookies. Add to sheet pan and bake for 8 minutes. Let cool and serve!
More Sweets With 6 or Less Ingredients
- Protein Granola Balls Dipped in Chocolate
- Healthy Coconut Peanut Butter Balls (6 Ingredients)
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies/5 Ingredients
- Chocolate Covered Dates with Almonds// 3 Ingredients
- Chocolate Cereal Bars