Many years ago I started making healthy chocolate banana bars. This is perfect for that sweet craving without the extra carbs of flour, sugar and butter. Today I decided to make these into chocolate peanut butter cookies. Yes, some healthy cookies! I’ve been wanting cookies but wanted a healthier version. The best part is, it contains ONLY 5 ingredients! This is similar to my protein granola chocolate balls. I also wanted to make a nice treat for my little guy. At 10 months he is eating everything I give him but I like to focus on finger foods to help with his motor skills. I omitted the chocolate chips on a few cookies to save for him.
- Quick Oats
- Ripe Bananas
- Peanut Butter
- Chocolate Chips
That is it! The main ingredients are the quick oats and ripe bananas. You can omit the last 3 ingredients and substitute for nuts or dried fruits, such as raisins.
A few good combinations to try:
- Craisins with white chocolate chips
- Raisins and milk or dark chocolate chips
- Almonds and milk or dark chocolate chips
- Creamy or crunchy peanut butter
- Apples and cinnamon
As long as your bananas are ripe the cookies will be naturally sweet, even if you eliminate chocolate in the recipe. These cookies taste amazing and can be giving to babies who have started eating solids. You get 12 cookies but can always double the recipe for 24 cookies. Eat within 2-3 days. I am not sure if they would last a week because they are gone in my home within a day most of the time! You can of course freeze them and thaw out when you need some sweets in your life! As delicious as they are, they are very filling, for such small cookies. Best to serve 1-2 cookies and I promise you will be satisfied!
Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies/5 IngredientsCourse: Dessert/SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Healthy flourless cookies for yourself or baby! Omit chocolate chips if serving baby.
1 1/2 cups of quick oats
2 1/2 large ripe bananas, mashed
1 tbsp of creamy peanut butter*
1/4 tsp of cinnamon
1/4 cup of chocolate chips
- Heat oven to 350 degrees and prepare a cookie sheet with cooking spray
- Mash bananas and mix in the quick oats, peanut butter, chocolate chips and cinnamon
- Scoop out about a tbsp on a cookie sheet and flatten. Since there is no flour the cookies will stay the shape they are scooped out as.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve!
- Makes 12 cookies
- Use natural peanut butter for a healthier version (no added sugar)
- If making for baby, omit chocolate chips
- If allergic to nuts, omit peanut butter
I hope you enjoy!