Chocolate Cereal bars with only 5 ingredients! Couldn’t be easier! My kids love this snack. If I made this everyday my kids would be in heaven. They ask me constantly to make these yummy treats. The problem is when I make them they honestly do not last more than 24 hours! I am not joking!
What Do You Need?
All you need to make these chocolate cereal bars are 5 ingredients!
- rice krispies cereal or a whole wheat brand (either way, they both taste great!)
- maple syrup
- milk chocolate or semi-sweet chocolate chips
- natural peanut butter
- coconut oil (refined)
How To Make
These chocolate cereal bars take 15 minutes to make. The hard part is waiting for the chocolate to set in the fridge. This is a fun treat to make with your kids. It is easy and no baking required! Melt all your ingredients, minus the rice krispies cereal. Immediately pour the chocolate mix with the cereal, until fully incorporated. Take a 9×13 baking dish, covered with parchment paper and pour the cereal bar mixture. Using a spatula or spoon, evenly flatten the cereal bar mixture into the dish. Let the chocolate set for about 2 hours in the fridge. Even better if you let it set in the fridge longer, for a firmer bar. My kids get overly excited about these bars and the first bars they bite into are not always firm!
These chocolate cereal bars are a perfect after school snack for a sweet snack but Pizza Muffins for School Lunch are also a fun snack to add! Once kids hit middle school, snack time doesn’t exist. I remember in high school, I would sneak in mints and small candies, to get me through until lunch time. I mean, I eat every 2 hours now! Somehow I survived LOL. A big snack will keep your kiddos full until dinner time.
Apart from being a great after school snack, it’s a nice sweet for after lunch or dinner. I am not going to lie and say the boys haven’t had this for breakfast. More filling than a donut? I think so!
Chocolate Cereal Bars (Only 5 Ingredients!)Course: SnacksCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
The perfect after school snack!
3 1/2 cups of rice krispies cereal
2 cups of semi sweet chocolate chips
1/4 cup of coconut oil
1 cup of peanut butter (easy way to measure – half of the peanut butter jar)
1/2 cup of maple syrup
- Take a large pan and boil some water. Once boiled turn the stove off.
- In a sauce pan add the semi sweet chocolate chips, coconut oil, peanut butter and maple syrup. Put the pan with the ingredients into the pan that has the boiling hot water to melt your ingredients. This method is best to use instead of melting the ingredients directly on the stove. That will burn your chocolate.
- Before transferring the ingredients cover a 9×13 baking dish with plastic wrap. In a mixing bowl add your rice krispies cereal and stir in the melted ingredients. Pour the mix into the baking dish and flatten with a spatula.
- Let the bars set for about 2 hours in the fridge.
- Tip: Take a pizza cutter to slice into bars. EASY
- Do You Really Need All The School Supplies On The List?
- Nut Free School Lunch Ideas
- 10 School Tips During COVID-19//Preparing
- Pizza Muffins for School Lunch
- Healthy Chocolate Peanut Butter Cookies/5 Ingredients