Cauliflower rice can be served anyway you’d like. How about a stir fry cauliflower rice? It is super nutritious with less carbs than eating white rice, which I love! Everyone loves stir fry, so this is a perfect combination. Perfect for a meatless Monday meal.
When making stir fry, you can add anything as long as you have rice as your base. However, what if I told you cauliflower rice tastes just as great as rice but way healthier and the texture is not very noticable? If you like your rice super tender, then cook your cauliflower rice a bit longer for a more tender taste.
And the sauce! Use your favorite sauce to make stir fry. HERE you will find my favorite marinades to cook with. I also love using a garlic and jalapeno sauce, that is made locally and sold at Whole Foods.
Making meatless meals are great for our bodies and for the environment. Meat is harder for our bodies to break down, so eating less meat a week is super healthy. In terms of the environment, it takes gallons and gallons of water just to produce meat. By eating a vegetarian meal or meatless meal you are saving water and reducing fossil fuels. And of course, you would be saving money on your groceries!
Here are Some Meatless Meal Ideas:
- 5 Minute Vegetable Stir Fry (Meatless Monday)
- Healthy Vegetable Fried Rice (Meatless Monday)
- Farro with Roasted Vegetables (Meatless Monday)
- Eggplant Pizza (A Lighter Bite!)
- 7 Kid Friendly Naan Pizza Ideas To Try
An alternative to eating meat is eating fish. There are many different textures and taste, just like meat. You have mild fish and super omega fatty fishes, with extra flavor. My family and I have fish a few times a week. Buy on sale or what you like. There are some fishes that are more expensive but salmon, tilapia and shrimp, for example are cheaper and super delicious, without overspending!
For some inspiration, check out my seafood recipes, HERE.
Cauliflower rice is super inexpensive and can be purchased frozen or in the produce aisle. It is a few cents cheaper to get it frozen. However, I do prefer frozen, to stay stocked up, as I do with wild and white rice. I know I mentioned meatless Mondays but I did serve this side with teriyaki steak! My family and I definitely have meatless meals a few times a week, of course! To make this meal meatless, try it with Pineapple Glazed Salmon!
Stir Fry Cauliflower RiceCourse: SidesCuisine: AmericanDifficulty: Easy
Enjoy the taste of rice without the extra carbs! Cook cauliflower rice in under 10 minutes.
12 oz of frozen cauliflower rice
1/2 cup of onions, diced (red or white)
1 cup of kale, chopped
1/4 cup of carrots, chopped into small pieces
1 tbsp of cilantro, roughly chopped
1/4 cup of your favorite stir fry sauce, such as teriyaki
1 tbsp of olive oil
- Heat a large non-stick frying pan, on MED HI. Add a tbsp of olive oil and add the onions. Cook and stir for about 3 minutes or until the onions become translucent.
- Next add the kale, carrots, cilantro and cauliflower rice. Add the sauce and break up the big chunks of frozen cauliflower rice. Cover and cook for about 7 minutes or until cauliflower is to your liking. About 7-10 minutes.
- Make sure the sauce is incorporated into the cauliflower rice mixture and serve.
- Chopping pre-sliced carrots makes it easier to chop smaller pieces.
- I’ve made the cauliflower rice using white and red onions and both taste great.
- Use your favorite vegetables for this stir fry. Make sure to chop the vegetables small, so they are all about the same size.
- Use your favorite stir fry sauce