What are the best ways to reheat leftover food? When it comes to leftovers, not everyone is a fan of it. But for for others, it’s the best! I personally love having leftovers. I like to recreate new foods with leftovers. Check out What to Make and Do With Leftovers and What to Do and Make with Leftovers Part II. Some people like to cook in large quantities to have food for the whole week. However, that can get a bit boring. Just like overdoing the holiday meals. See What to Make with Thanksgiving Leftovers. For me it is best to make different meals so I don’t get tired of the same meal day after day.
Reheating Food, Using The Microwave
The microwave is the quickest way to reheat food. Yet, you don’t always get the best results! Many times you end up with hot spots and other cold spots, which means more time in the microwave. Depending on the food, it may dry your food out! Here are some tips to use when reheating food in the microwave.
- When reheating pizza, fries or anything with bread, put a cup of water in the microwave with your plate. This will warm your food up without it getting soggy.
- Leftover over pasta is probably my least favorite to eat. Try to save some pasta sauce to add to those cold leftover noodles or macaroni. Cover the bowl with a napkin and heat up 1 minute, stir and then heat for another minute or so. This all depends on your microwave Watts. Add some cheese and enjoy!
- The final tip when using the microwave is to stir your food in between heating. This will reheat your food all the way, in all spots. Also, make sure the plate or bowl is in the middle of the microwave, for best results.
Reheating Food, Using The Stove or Oven
For the best results, I suggest reheating leftover food on a stove or in the oven. Of course, we don’t always have the time to do it. But if you do have a few extra minutes, you won’t be disappointed! Here are my tips, for reheating leftover food, using the stove or oven:
- Mac and cheese is a favorite for many adults and kids! But leftover mac and cheese isn’t always tasty, unless it’s from a restaurant, which is loaded with extra fats. Which is why reheating restaurant mac and cheese always tastes as it was just made. Add more milk and cheese. This will make your mac and cheese creamy and even cheesier. A few minutes on the stove works wonders.
- Vegetables taste great in the oven. Reheat on BROIL for extra crispy vegetables!
- Fries, pizza, chicken fingers, potatoes and sweet potatoes taste fresh when reheated in the oven!
- Leftover soup is the best! Probably the best leftover food. Why? Well, the flavors blend in oven more, the longer it sits. Soup is best to reheat on the stove and not the microwave.
- Cold rice is just a big no no. Personally, I don’t like to reheat it. When I have the time I make Healthy Vegetable Fried Rice (Meatless Monday). You need cold rice to make fried rice. So why not?
You can make anything with leftover food and yes, reheating them to taste fresh is easy, with a little patience!
- What to Make and Do With Leftovers
- What to Do and Make with Leftovers Part II
- Flourless Mac and Cheese
- How to Make Macaroni and Cheese for 2
- Eggplant Pizza (A Lighter Bite!)
- 7 Kid Friendly Naan Pizza Ideas To Try
- Pizza Muffins for School Lunch
- Easy Cod Soup With Tomato Broth
- Herb Lemon Chicken Soup
- What to Make with Thanksgiving Leftovers
- How to Make White Rice
- Healthy Vegetable Fried Rice (Meatless Monday)
What are your favorite leftover foods?